R&R Landscaping is a design/build landscape company serving residential and commercial clients throughout the Auburn, Opelika, and Lake Martin, AL areas. Our mission is to enhance the beauty, function, and value of outdoor spaces through exceptional design and service.
This position is responsible for securing a consistent flow of profitable design/build business for the company. Essential duties include designing and estimating comprehensive landscape plans, including softscape, hardscape, drainage, irrigation, lighting, and other features, based upon the client’s desires. This position requires clear communication with the client and production team along with a dedicated commitment to a positive client experience.
- Design, estimate, and sell residential and commercial landscape projects, irrigation systems, and lighting systems.
- Conduct an initial consultation with clients to actively listen for needs and preferences regarding the project.
- Conduct site analyses and assessments to measure and/or determine soil type, slope, drainage, exposure, and existing structures, features, roads, and utilities that will affect the project.
- Prepare and present proposals in a complete and professional manner, according to company standards.
- Ensure all estimates are prepared and approved as needed prior to presenting to the client.
- Sell work within approved margin guidelines to achieve targeted job costs and profit margins.
- Respond to all inquiries and requests for proposals in a timely manner.
- Track the status of all pending proposals and actively follow up to maximize sales opportunities. Aggressively pursue all proposals in progress.
- Maintain a company-owned database of current, prospective, and past clients to support marketing and sales efforts.
- Monitor installation and work closely with the production team regarding scheduling, quality control, and client experience.
- Maximize client retention by maintaining a keen awareness of and providing candid feedback on client relationships and the client’s perception of the products and services rendered.
- Promptly communicate with the appropriate parties regarding any problem areas and seek immediate resolution.
- Anticipate client needs with positive solutions in a timely manner and assist in the sale of change orders and extra-contractual work.
- Review and approve billing documentation on a weekly basis, conducting final walk-throughs and collecting payments when necessary.
- Monitor plant inventory, including the forecasting, ordering, recording, tracking, and proper maintenance of all plant material.
- Develop relationships with builders, developers, realtors, and homeowners. Represent R&R Landscaping at various events, organizations, and associations for the purpose of building relationships that promote new business, strengthen community ties, and enhance the public image and brand of the company. Maintain positive relations with other companies in the industry and related industries.
- Participate in various industry associations to increase knowledge of the marketplace, sales opportunities, competition, selling techniques, and best practices. Stay abreast of design trends and continue to increase technical knowledge within the industry.
- Provide feedback to appropriate parties regarding pricing, competition, and other market observations. Exploit changing market opportunities and respond to competitor strategies.
- Provide feedback, support, and recommendations regarding marketing strategies, materials, and opportunities.
- Maintain awareness of billing and collection status on all projects/clients. Advise on credits or collections and work with production and clients to resolve any collection issues for work sold.
- Complete required paperwork, reports, and data entry in a timely manner.
- Promptly respond to internal and external communication
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Company phone
- Company vehicle (optional)
- Fun and supportive environment
Key Performance Metrics
- Actual sales to budget
- Estimate close rate
- Ratio of proposals submitted to backlog goals and objectives
- Profit margin on projects sold
- Accuracy and completeness of sales, client, and prospect records database
- Development of loyal/repeat/referral client base
- Quality of design
- Breadth of horticulture knowledge
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to inspire top tier performance and build effective work teams
- Self-starter that demonstrates initiative
- Results and action-oriented mentality
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Ability to present an effective sales presentation – written and verbal
- Keen eye and understanding for preparing a proper and comprehensive estimate
- Profit driven — seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to handle adversity
- Performs and demands excellent quality in work
- Teamwork oriented and client-centered
- Emphasis on learning, self-development, and enhancing design talents and offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Landscape Design, or Landscape Architecture
- 3-5 years of design and sales experience
- Knowledge of computer applications (Design software, Google Workspace, LMN)
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings, or weekends as necessary
- Must be capable of working outdoors on job sites
- Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling, including evening or weekend hours as needed
- Must be willing to work with the team and follow the processes of the company
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About our Area
The Auburn and Opelika areas are thriving communities in east central Alabama with lots to do and see! With excellent schools, wide varieties of restaurants and nightlife, cultural activities and tons to do no matter your interests, Auburn and Opelika are perfect for individuals of all ages!
Auburn Welcome Magazine
Opelika Relocation and Lifestyle Guide
- Coffee and dessert at Well Red Bookstore
- Dinner at The Depot
- Happy Hour at Resting Pulse Brewery
- Weekend trail runs at Chewacla State Park
- Lemonade at Toomer’s Drugs
- Catching a show at the Gogue Performing Arts Center
- Marveling at exhibits at the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Art
- Enjoying music festivals at Standard Deluxe
- Shopping at Griff Goods and Behind the Glass
- Enjoying a round of golf at Robert Trent Jones Grand National
- Quick weekend trips to Lake Martin (45 minutes), Birmingham (2 hours), Atlanta (2 hours), Gulf Shores (4 hours).
How Auburn, Alabama, Is Creating a Winning Food Scene – And Why you should Visit Now
The 2020 Top 100 Best Places to Live in America (Auburn #82)